Re: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related careers/schooling?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 11:46:34PM -0500, Mike Dresser wrote:
> But anyways, started out on Slackware in... Hmm. I remember 1.2.x kernels
> more than the actual version.  Something like version 3.0, which puts
> it in 1996?

I started getting interested in Linux when my buddy Tabor was going on
about how damn cool Debian 1.3.1 (bo) was.  I started with hamm, which
shipped with Linux 2.0.36 and remember the hype for 2.4 starting
*right after* 2.2 came out.

I think it was PC Magazine ran a cover article extolling the virtues
and hyping 2.4 heavily before 2.3 opened up.  I think this started the
whole, "When's 2.4 gonna come out" bitching weeks after 2.2 came out.
It got old.  Bitching about when 2.2 was coming out was acceptable
before it happened, mostly because when 2.2 was supposed to take over,
2.0.37 and then .38 came out.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user