Re: MOUSE won't function

OK for everybody - I was *still* not sure about the
mouse so I asked my dad who has all the hardware info
(he did the buying so he has the info :-S)

The mouse is a Logitech MouseMan(r) Wheel, 3 buttons
with wheel USB

I hope this will make things clear!

--- Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> > During the installation I entered the following
> data
> > about the mouse:
> >
> > Driver: mousedev (this one should have been
> loaded)
> > Device: /dev/mice/input
>
> For USB that should be /dev/input/mice and not the
> other way around.
>

> > Most people with standard mice should use
> /dev/psaux.
>
> For PS/2 mice.  But USB mice use /dev/input/mice.
>
> Bob

Thanks I changed the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file to use
/dev/input/mice again.