Re: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related careers/schooling?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:30:54PM -0700, Scott  --sidewalking-- wrote:
[snip]
> I wonder if all (or most) of you are in similar careers and that is
> why you are so proficient with compiling and testing and tweaking
> all of this stuff.  Or is it just a hobby that has gone on for so
> long that you have advanced your knowledge of Linux/Debian to these
> levels that all of you are at?
Not all of us are at the same level, I have been a humble user for a
couple of years so have picked up a few bits, but im no developer [not
yet!!] The list works well as everyone has their forte [ie configuring
bind] and can share this knowledge with others.

As to career, im still at 6thform [last year of UK schooling] and have
time for tweaking my debian boxes as i dont get out much! -well play
squash sometimes ;-)

hugh

ps: soon you will realise that the compiling and testing is
relatively straight forward, its fixin stuff that doesnt work that is
the prob [well for a non-developer! which reminds me, i really must
learn C....]