Re: which 2.4 kernel and patch(es) to avoid IDE disk corruption when DMA on?

nate wrote:

> ... DMA problems are most often caused by buggy IDE controllers
> or perhaps the *driver* [emphasis added].

Exactly--that's why I'm trying to figure out which version of the
driver (kernel and modules) is (thought to be) the most stable and
bug-fixed.

There are a number of messages on the Linux kernel mailing list about
IDE disk corruption, and there a number of patches for various versions
of the 2.4.1x kernel, but it's not clear which patches fixes known
problems vs. which try to add new functionality to the otherwise-stable
2.4 kernel series.

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay