Re: which 2.4 kernel and patch(es) to avoid IDE disk corruption when DMA on?

Daniel Barclay said:

> I've been having a heck of a time with repeated IDE disk corruption when I
> try to enable DMA mode, and with trying to figure out which versions of
> the stable (2.4) kernel actually are stable.
>
> What is the recommended combination of base kernel versions and
> patches to avoid IDE disk corruption and system hangs with a
> dual Athlon MP system (A7M266-D motherboard)?

the problem is probably easier resolved by using another IDE controller,
I highly reccomend the Promise ATA/100 and ATA/66 series(have not tried
the ATA/133). DMA problems are most often caused by buggy IDE controllers
or perhaps the driver.

nate