CD sound

This is one of those, "It used to work..." problems.

I have OSS sound.
I have one CD-R and one CDE-RW (scsi emulation blah-blah-blah)
I have sound on things like XMMS, Xine.

I have no sound in my cdplayer.

I can start the disk spinning from wmcdplayer and wmsound shows nothing
turned off.  But there's nothing coming through.
I'm not sure where to even start looking.

/dev/cdrom is mapped to the devfs cdrom0 (which is the correct device).

aumix also shows the cd-player volume enabled.

Like I said, it used to work.  I jumped from Stable to Testing is that
last thing I can think of doing that was of any significance.