Re: GNU Emacs tutorial?

Thus spake Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.dyndns.org):

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 02:02:05AM -0800, Adam Kao wrote:
> > When I learned Emacs (almost 20 years ago) there was a nifty tutorial.
> > Now I can't find it in the info hierarchy.  Has it been retired?  How
> > should a novice start learning Emacs?
>
> Start emacs, hit C-h t (control-h lower-case "T") to open it.

Alternatively, RTFM.

When you start up emacs with no file to edit, it always (in my
experience) presents you with an opening screen which tells you, inter
alia, how to *quit* emacs and how to run the tutorial.
--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |