Re: libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1 package in Debian 3.0r1

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:49:09PM +0100, Darko Koruga wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:20:40 +0000 Colin Watson wrote:
> > You're using the wrong search form. Try the "Search package
> > directories" one.
>
> I am not. I entered the above package name in that input field and it
> transferred me to
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=libstdc%2B%2B2.9-glibc2.1&searchon=names&subword=1&version=stable&release=all
> There is a further link to
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/oldlibs/libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1.html
> On that page you see "View the list of files in
> libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1". Try clicking on it and you'll get the above
> error.

Ah, I see. I think this is just a bug in the web pages though; note that
the same effect happens for e.g. g++-2.95, which most certainly has not
been removed.

> I do know the package is on FTP, but you can't expect from
> everyone to install off the net.

Please drop language like "you can't expect", as it doesn't appear to be
intentional that it isn't on the CDs.

> I still hope someone will explain why the package was removed from
> 3.0r1.

It was not removed, as I have just explained. It may not have appeared
on the 3.0r1 *CDs* for some reason, but I am certain that this was
accidental. I suggest that you report it to debian-cd@lists.debian.org.

Cheers,