Re: libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1 package in Debian 3.0r1

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:20:40 +0000 Colin Watson wrote:

> > I did check the packages page. I forgot to mention that in my
> > email. Try to click on the link that says 'list of files'. I get
> > this:"Can't find that package, at least not in that distribution
> > and on that architecture.".
>
> You're using the wrong search form. Try the "Search package
> directories" one.

I am not. I entered the above package name in that input field and it
transferred me to
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=libstdc%2B%2B2.9-glibc2.1&searchon=names&subword=1&version=stable&release=all
There is a further link to
http://packages.debian.org/stable/oldlibs/libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1.html
On that page you see "View the list of files in
libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1". Try clicking on it and you'll get the above
error. I do know the package is on FTP, but you can't expect from
everyone to install off the net. I still hope someone will explain why
the package was removed from 3.0r1.

D.