Re: DNS hosting

will trillich <will@serensoft.com> writes:
> well i've got a static ip and i do my own dns'ing. maybe i can
> be your temporary secondary/slave dns for a while until you get
> straightened out with a real dns server?

I've been happy with Granite Canyon (http://soa.granitecanyon.com/).
Their Public DNS Service offers both primary and secondary DNS free of
charge to anyone who asks.  They solicit donations to cover
maintenance and administration costs.

I've got a DSL line with a single static IP address.  I run the
primary DNS server on my home system and use ns[12].granitecanyon.com
for secondaries.  Works like a charm.  I can edit my zone files
directly, and they pick up the changes automatically.

The only problem is: they're busy.  Initially, it may take a while to
register your domain.  Figure on waiting several days before their
servers know your name.

Regards,
--
  Jack O'Quin