Re: Emacs installed, why?

Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> [2003-01-14 08:46:55 -0800]:
>     I'm riding all three trees and was curious why lately unstable or testing
> has wanted to install Emacs on a dist-upgrade?
>
> root@teleute:~# apt-get dist-upgrade -u
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Calculating Upgrade... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   gnupg gpg-idea gpgp libgpgme6 libgtk-common liblcms libmagick5
>   libncurses4-dev libpango-common sylpheed-claws
>   emacs20 emacsen-common fontconfig libglu1 liblcms1 libmagick5.5.3
>   libwmf0.2-7
>
> --
>          Steve C. Lamb         | I'm your priest, I'm your shrink, I'm your
>          ICQ: 5107343          | main connection to the switchboard of souls.
>     To email: Don't despair!   |  -- Lenny Nero, Strange Days

It does seem strange that there is no line saying, "The following
packages will be upgraded".  Was that just missed in the cut-n-paste?
But it is important information.

On first pass it would seem that almost any upgrade in unstable would
want to upgrage at least one package and therefore it must just be
missing from your post.  I would look over that list of packages and
see which of them is pulling in emacs20 and pushing out gnupg and
other such dependencies.

Bob