Re: Installation

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:35:46 -0500
"Dino" <dinosan@coqui.net> wrote:

| Hi!
| I am downloading version 3.0 of Debian/Linux and have a question in reference to installation. Here it goes:
| I want to install Debian/Linux in a separate hard drive. I  have a 20gb hard drive with windows 98se as primary hard drive. I also have an empty 6gb hard drive where I want to install linux. Can I set up the 6gb as a slave on the IDE channel 0, install linux and be able to choose the OS I want to boot into?
| I have been reading all the material in the installation manual for x86 but I am not able to find concrete explanation as to how to do this. I appreciate any help you may provide in reference to this subject.
| Thank you very much   :-)
| Dino...

No problem and easy todo.
Insert your first CD; select your language, keyboard and hdb to setup the
partitions you like. And there you go with the install. (follow the
 instructions)
Don't forget to set the jumpers on the slave HD as slave of course,
and create a bootfloppy at the end of the install !
mess-mate

--
Computers are like air conditioners, they are useless when you open
Windows.