Re: network print server

Michael West wrote:

I have been using samba as a print server at home, but I am often mucking around on my debian box, and sometimes this
    results in my wife not being able to print.

    To increase user satisfaction I am considering purchasing one of
    these dedicated print server appliances which attach directly to
    the network.  It must work for win98, XP pro and Debian.  Ideally
it would have parallel and usb support.
    I am looking for recommendation as to where to research what would
    work best.  I couldn't find anything at linuxprinting.org on this.

         ~Michael

Hi,

I made some research on print servers because I need one for my little network at home. I was looking for print server with both a usb interface and a parallel interface. And I found following three modells:

Longshine LCS-PS102 (512kb Flash / 2MB Memory (Option 4MB) / 2xUSB, 1xParallel) 160 Euro Intercon SEH IC134-USBBOX (1MB Flash / 2MB Memory / 1xUSB, 1xParallel) 230 Euro Intercon SEH IC154-WLANBOX (Wireless / 1MB Flash /2MB Memory / 1xUSB, 1xParallel) 460 Euro

all of them run under windos, linux, unix and macosx

hope it helps, Roland