Re: kernel update and nvidia drivers

Op vr 10-01-2003, om 23:03 schreef Gregory Seidman:
> Benedict Verheyen sez:
> } i compiled my own 2.4.20 kernel and it works great.
> } Then sometime later i compiled the nvidia module via
> } the 2 nvidia packages in the distribution.
> } When i upgrade the kernel soemtime in the future and thus compile my own
> } kernel again, will i have to recompile the nvidia module too?
>
> Yes. If you haven't been using it, I recommend installing the
> kernel-package package, which contains make-kpkg. Once installed, read
> the man page. Using make-kpkg requires the bare minimum of work to
> compile and prepare a kernel .deb and associated modules .debs, making
> it easy to install and remove kernels.
>
> } Thanks
> } Benedict
> --Greg

I did compile my kernel with make-kpkg following the instructions in the
reamde. I didn't know it was possible to compile the drivers together with
a new kernel and end up with a new kernel deb and debs for the drivers.
It's like an all in 1 effort then. I like that :)
I'll check the man page of make-kpkg

Thanks for the info