Re: kernel update and nvidia drivers

Benedict Verheyen sez:
} i compiled my own 2.4.20 kernel and it works great.
} Then sometime later i compiled the nvidia module via
} the 2 nvidia packages in the distribution.
} When i upgrade the kernel soemtime in the future and thus compile my own
} kernel again, will i have to recompile the nvidia module too?

Yes. If you haven't been using it, I recommend installing the
kernel-package package, which contains make-kpkg. Once installed, read
the man page. Using make-kpkg requires the bare minimum of work to
compile and prepare a kernel .deb and associated modules .debs, making
it easy to install and remove kernels.

} Thanks
} Benedict
--Greg