Re: Recommendation for dual head video card

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Marc Wilson wrote:

> I run them as two separate screens.  The GF4 440 is :0.0 (right monitor),
> and the GF4 420 is :0.1 (left monitor).  Works just fine.  You need to
> either be using a window manager that's multiple-screen-aware, or else run
> a separate window manager on each head.  You can't move windows between the
> two monitors, but who wants to do that anyway?  Start the application on
> the right head in the first place. :)

So if you don't start up X with the +xinerama startx option then it's just
two displays?

> Note that KDE and Gnome do not qualify as environments that are
> multiple-screen-aware (although I'm told that KDE is finally making motions
> in that direction).

I run IceWM, which the changelog shows Xinerama support (although very
recent support -- starting last month).

I also see mention of TwinView in some docs and on Google.  Is that Nvidia
specific?  I guess I don't see where TwinView falls into the puzzle.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org