Re: mutt key bindings

* Robert Land (Robert.Land@t-online.de) wrote:

> I had a try what you had suggested but it
> confused my .xsession settings. Actually I'm
> very bad in "X" too and cannot quite follow
> what you intended.
> Why should mutt's behaviour change when
> putting your line into .Xresources?
> Mutt has it's own key functions (I hoped
> not all had been documented). Maybe you
> took "editor" for the editor being used when
> composing the message body. Yet mutt documents
> "editor" as what emacs user would name a mini-
> buffer, the bottom line where you key the
> email address, the subject etc in.

It's no good having alt-x if the x-terminal you're using doesn't
interpret the alt key. By default, at least in my setup, rxvt and xterm
do not interpret the alt key.

For rxvt, the entry in .Xresources

XTerm*modifier: alt

tells rxvt how to interpret the alt key. .Xresources needs to be in your
home directory. For what it's worth, here's mine.

XTerm*scrollBar: false
XTerm*smallfont_key: true
XTerm*bigfont_key: true
XTerm*saveLines: 2000
XTerm*modifier: alt
XTerm*reverseVideo: true
XTerm*font: 6x13

Paste that in to .Xresources and you should be ok. man rxvt (or whatever
xterm you're using) for more details.

Cheers,

Euan.
--
(    )      |Euan Buchanan                        | _o)
 ~oo~       |Watford                              | /\\