Re: mutt key bindings

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 04:24:03PM +0000, eb wrote:
> meta+b and meta+f are not functions of mutt, they're functions of your
> Xterm or if you're on a tty you termcap.
>
> Put this in your .Xresources and you should find that all's well again.
>
> XTerm*modifier: alt
>
> Cheers,
>
> Euan
> * Robert Land (Robert.Land@t-online.de) wrote:
> > Does the latest mutt release enable the emacs
> > key bindings Meta+b and Meta+f to jump wordwise
> > forth and back?
> >
> > If so, would someone kindly paste the function
> > name and the key for "meta" so I may have a try
> > in Muttrc. The docs that came with mutt-0.9.deb
> > do not seem to contain any help on this special
> > wish.
> >
> > Potato enables to upgrade to mutt-1.2 but I hate
> > to upgrade something that works (so far).
> >
> > Robert

I had a try what you had suggested but it
confused my .xsession settings. Actually I'm
very bad in "X" too and cannot quite follow
what you intended.
Why should mutt's behaviour change when
putting your line into .Xresources?
Mutt has it's own key functions (I hoped
not all had been documented). Maybe you
took "editor" for the editor being used when
composing the message body. Yet mutt documents
"editor" as what emacs user would name a mini-
buffer, the bottom line where you key the
email address, the subject etc in.

Robert