Re: lightweight window manager - any sugegstions?

* Shyamal Prasad (shyamal.prasad@sbcglobal.net) wrote:
>     "Sandip" == Sandip P Deshmukh <Sandip> writes:
>
>     Sandip> i have heard about ratpoison and [black | flux]box. any
>     Sandip> feedback from actual users is welcome. i am currently
>     Sandip> using windowmaker.
>
> Give xfce a try, it is one that no one has mentioned yet. It is not
> particularly small nor particularly focused like
> fluxbox/blackbox/icewm, but somehow I settled on it instead of the
> usual GNOME/KDE mess. xfwm, the core window manager, takes 1400K
> resident memory. The xfce panel (optional) takes another 3900K.

I used xFCE for about a year, it is _very_ nice IMO. If you've used CDE
then you'll have a fair idea of what xFCE's about.

I guess that's the reason I went off it, I use CDE at work and wanted
somthing that didn't remind me of work ;-)

Euan
--
(    )      |Euan Buchanan                        | _o)
 ~oo~       |Watford                              | /\\