RE: autofs w/ floppy

Uh... The mac did it with specialized hardware. Windows doesn't do it at
all. It just always assumes there's a floppy present. With drive letters,
the very notion of mounting a volume is a bit off.

> Any other ideas on how to implement something so that a computer user
> who doesn't know how to do commands like 'mount -t msdos /dev/fd0
> /mnt/floppy' can access a floppy, easily?  That's the problem I'm
> trying to solve.

You can always put the cryptic commands into a script but no matter what you
do in sofware, standard DOS floppy hardware is just plain stupid. If you
really want magic you might want to experiment with a USB floppy drive which
might have a little more brains.