Re: Two IP, one NIC

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 06:26:10PM -0300, ignacio wrote:
> Nils-Erik Svangård wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >I have two Ip and one NIC.
> >I'm trying to configure so that some applications reports that its
> >coming from my other Ip, but the rest should come from the first Ip.
> >How do I do this?
> >I have looked throug IP-Alias and Networking howto but I cant figure it
> >out.
> >Any ideas?
>
> ifconfig ethx:n_alias ip [netmask ip] [broadcaste ip] [up|down]
>
> example:
>
> ifconfig eth0:0 10.0.0.2 netmask 255.255.0.0 up

Or, if you have a 2.4.x kernel:

  # apt-get install iproute2
  # ip addr add 10.0.0.2/16 brd + dev eth0  # same as example above
  # ip addr add 192.168.0.2 dev eth0  # use this for an address on \
    the same subnet as the "primary" address

As far as where each application sends its data from, you'll have to
either configure each app to bind to the appropriate address, or use
iptables to mangle packets based on source port.

  THEY planted The Lone Gunmen to MIND CONTROL the public into seeing
  TRUTH SEEKERS as CONSPIRACY NUTS.