Re: Debie Newbie

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 10:36:08AM -0800, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
> Will the Redhat binaries work under Debian?

Hard to say. Executables will work fine (or can be made to work fine by
installing additional packages, if you happen to get link errors). I get
the impression that this is a kernel module, though, and it's not clear
to me that Red Hat kernels are module-binary-compatible with Debian
kernels.

There's unlikely to be any harm in trying. If it doesn't work, you'll
know.

> I thought I had the source packages installed - what do I need to check
> so I can run the compiler?

You'll need to read the Makefile, find out where it's looking for kernel
source, and adjust that to point to wherever your kernel source is
actually unpacked.