Re: Debie Newbie

This one time, at band camp, Gary Turner said:
> Daniel L. Miller wrote:
>
> A word to the wise; as new to Debian and Linux, you are likely to
> receive a thorough roasting if you continue to use HTML, MS-TNEF, and
> multi-part/mixed (except for sig-keys) on the list.

Yes - consider yourself roasted.

> Likely the eepro100 module is what you need.  Since you only install
> once, I've forgotten the mod install directions.  They're simple, so
> someone will either give you a step by step or direct you to the proper
> docs.

Either:
a) modprobe eepro100.  If this works (you'll see a little congratulatory
message if it does), go to b.

b) modconf.  Brings up a curses-gui app that lets you select modules to
be installed in the running kernel, and also adds their name to
/etc/modules for you, so that they are insmodded at the next boot.

Welcome aboard.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Have you seen the latest Japanese       |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | camera?  Apparently it is so fast it    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | can photograph an American with his     |
|  			         | mouth shut!                             |