Re: FLASH RAM

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 06:50, Johan van der Walt wrote:
> Can someone please give me advice on how to access FLASH RAM.
>
> I tried to mount it as /dev/sda1 but got the error message saying that
> sda1 is not a block device. Tried the same on a machine running SuSE and
> had no problems. I also have a DDS tape drive on my pc which is handled by
> a SCSI card - can that have an effect?

What type of flash ram?  Like a Compact Flash reader, or one of those
USB keychain hard drives?

I found a howto after googling to get an external USB hard drive caddy
to work, and I'm nearly positive that the Compact Flash reader and
keychains work the same way.  I believe it's USB SCSI emulation, and it
might require you to load a kernel module.

Jeremy

Jeremy Turner, Help Desk Supervisor        Phone: 405.425.5555
Email: Jeremy.Turner@oc.edu                Phone: 405.425.1820
Information Technology Services, Oklahoma Christian University

Microsoft Palladium -- Where do you think you're going today???

Linux jturnermac 2.4.19 #10 Mon Oct 14 13:14:58 CDT 2002 ppcunknown GNU/Linux
 12:45:01 up 5 days, 23:01,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.08