Re: Mutt questio: Foward w/atachments?

Sandip P Deshmukh, 2003-Jan-08 11:26 +0530:

> > > Let me spell this out in more detail. What I want to do is that when I
> > > foward a mesage that has atachments (say a couple of jpeg images), I wnat
> > > to be able to have these fowarded as atachments to the original mail.
> > > It would be nice if this was the default behavior, but being prompted would
> > > be an OK solution.
>
> knowing the way mutt works, i think it can be done. further, if it can
> be done, it can be done as default or prompt!
>
> > As this document states the behaviour of forwarding messages is
> > controlled with a few variables in your ~/.mutt/muttrc. It depends on
> > your default behaviour, but setting following
> >
> > set mime_forward=ask-yes
>
> did this. i also did set mime_forward_decode also as ask-yes. still,
> while forwarding the message, my mutt is not attaching the attachments.

I've searched for this answer for awhile and have yet to find the
solution.  In the mean time, I view the message parts ('v'), and tag
each part and attachement I want to forward ('t'), press ';' to affect
all the tagged parts, and finally initiate forwarding the mail ('f').

It's a work-around for a nicely automated process that I have yet to
find, but it works.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer