Re: sound possible on Epox 8kha+ motherboard?

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 02:36:50PM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Regarding sound on debian, indeed, I followed Colin Keefe's advice
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20030107020013$64eb%40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=6
> with initial success after reboot (using "snd-via8233" instead of
> "snd-via82xx") with stock kernel 2.4.18-k7 !

Ahhh! Now that bulb appears over my Head :-)

There were two Changes in Alsa which affected what i told you in my
private Post:
 1) Old Versions of ALSA had multiple drivers for VT82xx, one for every
 single Chipsets. Latest Versions have these Drivers merged into vt82xx.
 (as i told you already :)
 2) Old Versions of ALSA use snd-<driver> as Module Name, later Versions
 omit the leading snd-

The Difference between your Installation and mine is, that you use
precompiled Modules and i compiled my Alsa Modules myself, that might be
a bit confusing sometimes.

Sorry, forgot about that, but just remembered i read it somewhen.

So, what means initial success? Does it work now or doesnt it? In latter
Case, are there any Errormessages you get, either on Console or in Logs?