Re: Where's /etc/rc.d/rc.local???

On 07 Jan 2003, Elijah wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been having problems with my second drive (hdd) since everytime I
> browse through it pauses on occasion and gives some I/O errors. I
> somehow solved it with hdparm:
> hdparm -c 1 /dev/hdd
> hdparm -d 1 /dev/hdd
> hdparm -k 1 /dev/hdd
>
> I'm quite sure the -k option will keep these settings for my hdd but
> after reboot, it did'nt. So it made me look for rc.local to put these
> commands to, but I just can't find it(?). I put them commands to
> /etc/rc.boot/ and made a script there with the commands. Everything
> seems to go well. But to make sure ... am what I doing alright? is this
> the proper way to setup my hdd?
>
> Elijah

You can just add the rc.local script yourself to /etc/init.d and then run
update-rc.d to make the links.

I'd be a bit worried about the hard disk, which sounds as if it might be
going to pack up soon. Make sure that everything important there is
backed up.

AC
--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic