Re: Simple xawtv question ...

NTSC (Never the same colour twice :-o ) is the method of encoding the video signal. PAL, phase alternate line is (I think) a mainly UK standard, and SECAM is the French standard. Those countries which have been unfortunate to fall under the influence of one or other of the above countries would probably share the same broadcasting technical standard.

Regards