Re: windows apps under debian

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 22:53, John Griffiths wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm about to attempt a desktop linux trial in my office and
> need some advice on approaches to applicaiton portability.
>
> There are windows apps that are not, at this time optional
> so one way or another I'll have to get them to go, or stay off
> the linux desktop.
>
> the list of apps is:
>
> Eudora 3.05  (horrid I know, but there you go)
> Dreamweaver 4 (directX?)
> Acrobat 4 (or maybe 5)
>
> I'd prefer to do it under debian but other options will be
> evaluated if need be.
>
> Willing to pay for software if needed, and we have windows
> licences avaiable also if needed.
>
> having made the jump legacy windows apps will hopefully be
> retired over time, but without making the leap we keep
> picking up windows junk.

"Generic" Wine (I'd go with the sid debs, since they are up to date)
or Codeweavers CrossoverOffice should help.

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/office/supported_applications.php?id=31
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=183;PHPSESSID=e730d65ffe4972aa1a693ecf60459571
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/office/

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |