Re: windows apps under debian

This one time, at band camp, John Griffiths said:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm about to attempt a desktop linux trial in my office and
> need some advice on approaches to applicaiton portability.
>
> There are windows apps that are not, at this time optional
> so one way or another I'll have to get them to go, or stay off
> the linux desktop.
>
> the list of apps is:
>
> Eudora 3.05  (horrid I know, but there you go)
> Dreamweaver 4 (directX?)
> Acrobat 4 (or maybe 5)
>
> I'd prefer to do it under debian but other options will be
> evaluated if need be.
>
> Willing to pay for software if needed, and we have windows
> licences avaiable also if needed.
>
> having made the jump legacy windows apps will hopefully be
> retired over time, but without making the leap we keep
> picking up windows junk.

I'm not sure if you mean acrobat reader, or a full pdf writer, but
acroread at least has been ported over to linux.  Althea is supposed to
be a pretty good drop in for Eudora, although I've never used it myself.
Dreamweaver I'm not familiar with, somebody else will have t jump in
here.

Good luck,

|  Stephen Gran                  | Life is like bein' on a mule team.      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Unless you're the lead mule, all the    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | scenery looks about the same.           |