Sylpheed's adding garbage to my remote mail spool.

I use sylpheed both at home and at work.  This means that my email at
work is set up in an MH-style format.  From home, I use sylpheed's IMAP
capabilities to access my email at work.  I realize that IMAP was not
ever intended for serving MH style mail setups (it's really a task
better suited to NFS), but it works (after a fashion).

Anyway, sylpheed (at home, my Debian box) has started doing this thing
that it's adding one of those bogus "DO NOT DELETE THIS MESSAGE" emails
like mozilla mail uses as a place-holder for mail folders to my mail
spool on the remote (work) machine.  So when I log into a work machine,
I keep getting "You have mail." messages, even though the only message
there is the bogus one that sylpheed is putting there.  Also, when I
'inc' my mail to my inbox first thing at work the next day, I have one
of those bogus messages to deal with.

It appears that sylpheed is adding this message at the termination of
the IMAP session.  This seems to be a fairly new behavior, as I have not
noticed it before.

Does anybody know what's going on and how to make it stop?

Thanks.

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington            http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli