Re: Sylpheed's adding garbage to my remote mail spool.

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 19:24:35 -0800
Steve Juranich <sjuranic@ee.washington.edu> wrote:

> I use sylpheed both at home and at work.  This means that my email at
> work is set up in an MH-style format.  From home, I use sylpheed's
> IMAP capabilities to access my email at work.  I realize that IMAP was
> not ever intended for serving MH style mail setups (it's really a task
> better suited to NFS), but it works (after a fashion).
>
> Anyway, sylpheed (at home, my Debian box) has started doing this thing
> that it's adding one of those bogus "DO NOT DELETE THIS MESSAGE"
> emails like mozilla mail uses as a place-holder for mail folders to my
> mail spool on the remote (work) machine.  So when I log into a work
> machine, I keep getting "You have mail." messages, even though the
> only message there is the bogus one that sylpheed is putting there.
> Also, when I'inc' my mail to my inbox first thing at work the next
> day, I have one of those bogus messages to deal with.
>
> It appears that sylpheed is adding this message at the termination of
> the IMAP session.  This seems to be a fairly new behavior, as I have
> not noticed it before.
>
> Does anybody know what's going on and how to make it stop?
>
> Thanks.

homepages for both versions can be found at the following urls.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sylpheed-claws/
http://sylpheed.good-day.net/

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/