Re: dhcpcd

Reaz Baksh, 2003-Jan-05 20:28 -0500:
> I looked for the /etc/init.d/dhcp file but it's not there.  I assume
> I'll have to manually create it.  I installed using apt-get.  I'm still
> learning and understanding the startup files in the rc folders, until I
> complete that task I guess I'll have to manually start it after each
> reboot.  Is there an automated way to do this?
>
> Reaz

If you install "dhcp" with apt-get, it would have created the
/etc/init.d/dhcp, so if it's not there it was removed.  You could
purge dhcp and reinstall it:

# apt-get remove --purge dhcp
# apt-get install dhcp

and that should put it back to a good starting point.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User