Re: dvd playback problems and questions

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 12:42:28PM -0500, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

> What dvd playing software are other debian users using? anybody
> encounter any of these problems/deficiences? If so, were you able to
> correct them? how?

I tend to use Ogle, but Xine is nice too.

I get a bit of a chop with DVD playback on one of my systems, but I
suspect that it is because the CPU is only a PIII 600.  I have another
system with the same DVD drive that plays smoothly (AMD K7 1Ghz).

Are you running KDE/Gnome or a simple window manager?  Also, are you
using the stock nv driver or the binary nvidia driver?

--
Jamin W. Collins