Help Configuring Sound

Hi all,

Sorry for the newbie question, but I have been having a bear of a problem configuring sound under kernel 2.4.19 for my Yamaha opl3sa3. My machine is a NEC Direction SPT 200.

Following advice from various lists I have compiled the following as modules:
isa-pnp
sound
oss
adlib
opl3sa2
mpu401
mss
ym3812

if I modprobe opl3sa2, the following modules seem to load without visible error:
opl3sa2
ad1848
mpu401
sound
isa-pnp

However when I try to start any sound application, I get a "/dev/dsp: No such device" error message. The above modules do not appear to be using any ioports or interrupts according to /proc. dmesg says that isapnp, ad1848 and opl3sa2 did not find any plug and play devices. It seems to me that I am not actually successfully loading the modules even though they appear when I lsmod.

I am new to 2.4 kernels, but I was under the impression that the isapnp module would take care of the ioports and interrupts.

Any suggestions?

Yours,

Streph