Re: Revert Back to Gnome 1.4 from Gnome2

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 04:48:30AM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 07:24:28PM -0800, Itsik Aviad (itsik_aviad@yahoo.com) wrote:
> > I would truly appreciat it if somone could tell me how to revert back
> > to Gnome 1.4 from Gnome2?
>
> IMO this should be filed as a packaging bug.  Gnome2 should be
> distinguished from gnome1 / gnome1.4.

Before filing such a bug, you should probably read the enormously long
discussion on debian-ctte where this was hashed out last summer in order
to have suitable context. The records are in bug #154950.

> Several other packages reflect this, though most are development or
> interpreter packages (e.g.:  Perl, Python, etc.).

Actually, Perl is not organized in the way you suggest any more. It
caused too many problems back when Perl 5.6 was being introduced.