Re: Radeon Mobility M6/LY problem

I'm actually already on X 4.2.1, using debian unstable (I should have said before..). I'm using all the latest packages.
--Matt

Hal Vaughan wrote:

It took me a week to get Debian to work with my ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder whenever I started X. I finally changed the line in /etc/apt/sources.list so it would take the testing debs instead of the stable, did apt-get update, then apt-get x{whatever else they stuck on the name for x-common and standard or server}. Once XFree86 was upgraded to 4.2.x, it worked fine.

I think this is one of the problems encountered due to the choice to upgrade slowly -- it can take a LONG time before Debian supports new hardware. (I know my AIW Radeon is over a year old and it just isn't supported in Woody -- you have to go to testing or unstable to get it to work.)

Hal