Re: Radeon Mobility M6/LY problem

It took me a week to get Debian to work with my ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder
whenever I started X.  I finally changed the line in /etc/apt/sources.list so
it would take the testing debs instead of the stable, did apt-get update,
then apt-get x{whatever else they stuck on the name for x-common and standard
or server}.  Once XFree86 was upgraded to 4.2.x, it worked fine.

I think this is one of the problems encountered due to the choice to upgrade
slowly -- it can take a LONG time before Debian supports new hardware.  (I
know my AIW Radeon is over a year old and it just isn't supported in Woody --
you have to go to testing or unstable to get it to work.)

Hal