Re: sound possible on Epox 8kha+ motherboard?

Lourens replying to Dan Jacobson <jidanni@dman.ddts.net> wrote:

      >  Did anybody ever get sound to work on your EPOX 8kha+ board?
      >  I have 10/10/02 sid cds.  I tried everything. I can make the
      >  console beep out of the speaker only.  Alsaconf doesn't have
      >  the card. http://jidanni.org/comp/system.txt is my sorry
      >  system.  I can use kernel -18 or -19.

I have never had much joy with these embedded_audio_devices on the
8KHA+, the 8H5A2 (or any mobo for that matter).
When I have managed to get them to work, they have never sounded that
great either.
IMHO, these embedded_audio_devices are more trouble that they are worth.

My approach is to disable the embedded device and to install a
relatively inexpensive (e.g. Ensoniq 5880 based) pci audio card.

HTH

***

Listening to "Penquin Cafe Orchestra: Signs Of Life"

***

Lourens Steenkamp
R.S.A.