Re: Spammassassin errors *SOLVED*

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 07:47:41AM -0800, Michelle Storm wrote:
| > > I am getting the above errors. Roommate tried to setup spamassassin on
| > > my system last week. I think it was bouncing everything back cause I
| > > stopped recieving emails, so I removed it. (I had to re-subscribe to
| > > deb-user list afterwards).

The MLM automatically unsubscribes undeliverable addresses.  If you
reject or bounce too many messages you'll be unsubscribed
automatically.

| > I don't know if it bounces the mail either, but that would explain a
| > lot on my system.  Anyway, if you had to re-subscribe to debian-user,
| > then it probably did bounce everything.
|
| It was bouncing them. *I checked by using hotmail account to send myself
| about 10 messages*

FYI, Spamassassin can't bounce or drop a message.  All it can do is
tag it.  It is the other software (exim, postfix, procmail, whatever)
that decides what to do with the message after SA has scanned it.

Here are some ways of configuring SA with exim :
    http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
    http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/index_.html

-D

--
Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut!

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/