Re: Spammassassin errors *SOLVED*

> > I am getting the above errors. Roommate tried to setup spamassassin on
> > my system last week. I think it was bouncing everything back cause I
> > stopped recieving emails, so I removed it. (I had to re-subscribe to
> > deb-user list afterwards).
>
> I don't know if it bounces the mail either, but that would explain a
> lot on my system.  Anyway, if you had to re-subscribe to debian-user,
> then it probably did bounce everything.

It was bouncing them. *I checked by using hotmail account to send myself
about 10 messages*

> > I am trying to get it setup and working. I am getting the above error,
> > and I'm not sure if it's cause I'm missing something or what?
>
> It's missing spamd.  Run 'spamd -d' (as root) and it'll work.  To fix
> it permanently, edit /etc/default/spamassassin and on the line that
> says 'ENABLED=0', change 0 to 1.  That's what did it for my system
> after I had that problem.

Fixed one of the problems, and it's finally working. (just had to fix
other problems along with this one.

Thanks for all the help,

Finally got it working. But I'm gonna keep a close eye on it, as I
really don't need to be missing messages. Some of them are
semi-important.

--
Michelle Alexia "Jade" Storm
Dragon Impersonating a Human and failing.