Re: Mozilla craches new libc6

Danie Roux <droux@tuks.co.za> writes:

> Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 07:43:48PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
>>
>>>I'm sure someone's probably already pointed this out, but in case they
>>>haven't...
>> Bit of background: Sun's Java implementation is using an internal
>> GLibc
>> symbol that it shouldn't have ever touched.  The newest release of GLibc
>> has changed or removed that symbol (which everyone was warned about) and
>> Java is now broken.  It's Sun's fault, and they have to fix it.
>
> And it is fixed in 1.4.1.

Moving to 1.4.1 is not the answer in all cases.  Interfaces have
changed.  I have code that is targeted to 1.3.1 and is incompatible
with 1.4.1.  Or if I make my code compatible with 1.4.1 it will no
longer work on 1.3.1. :(

(java.sql.Connection defines new methods / Objects.  -- the state and
holdability methods)

--
-rupa