Re: Mozilla craches new libc6

I'm sure someone's probably already pointed this out, but in case they
haven't...

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 03:00:09PM +0100, Marcel Lemmen wrote:
> As promised my problem with newest libc6 version...

It's not libc6...

> java_vm: relocation error:
> /usr/local/mozilla/plugins/java2/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol __libc_wait,
> version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
> INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from browser
> System error?:: Resource temporarily unavailable

Get a better Java than Sun's.  Theirs is using the invalid symbol.  Theirs
is what's causing the problem.

> I've tried several Mozilla versions and Phoenix. The newest
> Java-plugin has been installed... That's not the problem...

Oh, yes it is...

> After I've downgraded libc6 it workes fine, unfortunately this is the only
> thing which is working fine... Has anyone else noticed this problem?

That's because you've downgraded to a libc6 that has the symbol.

--
Marc Wilson
msw@cox.net