Re: Mozilla craches new libc6

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 07:43:48PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> I'm sure someone's probably already pointed this out, but in case they
> haven't...

Bit of background: Sun's Java implementation is using an internal GLibc
symbol that it shouldn't have ever touched.  The newest release of GLibc
has changed or removed that symbol (which everyone was warned about) and
Java is now broken.  It's Sun's fault, and they have to fix it.

> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 03:00:09PM +0100, Marcel Lemmen wrote:
> > As promised my problem with newest libc6 version...
>
> It's not libc6...
>
> > java_vm: relocation error:
> > /usr/local/mozilla/plugins/java2/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol __libc_wait,
> > version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
> > INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from browser
> > System error?:: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> Get a better Java than Sun's.  Theirs is using the invalid symbol.  Theirs
> is what's causing the problem.

Are there any others out there that can work as a Mozilla plugin?

-rob