Re: Better calendar tool?

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 03:38:06PM -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> What do people use out there for a personal calendar tool?
>
> I've been using gnomecal, from gnome-pim, but it's too buggy: I've
> installed the latest version from unstable and still it can't do the
> most trivial things, such as displaying meetings that start at on the
> half-hour properly.  This bug has been reported in the BTS for ~3
> months.
>
> So surely there are other graphical calendar managers out there: what do
> others use?  I'd prefer something that comes all in one piece and does
> alarms, etc. without having to hook up bits and pieces (i.e., hooking an
> Emacs calendar tool to xmessage, etc.)  I can do it, and I have even
> done it in the past, but I'm looking for something more straightforward
> right now.

Webcal is a product that does all of the following, but you will have to
setup a web server for it. I run it on Apache with SSL, and I can access
my calendar from anywhere. It will also send you email reminders! There
is no Debian package for this product. The feature list is mind
boggling!

Also, there seem to be quite a few products named "webcal" - the one I
am talking about can be found at http://www.math.utexas.edu/webcalendar
.

Let me know if you need help with setup.

-Andy