building (deb) everybuddy-0.4.2 source on woody [was: help compiling everybuddy-0.4.3 on Woody]

* Vineet Kumar (debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net) wrote:
<SNIP>
> It should work fine.  The only reason I didn't suggest it straightaway
> is that Debian only yet has 0.4.2, not 0.4.3 .  If you don't mind being
> one minor number behind, using the debian package should be fine.

Yeah; the yahoo support seems fixed in 0.4.0 to the point where it will
allow me to IM with people I know who use that protocol.

<SNIP>
> (2) build your own .deb from the sid source package. You should be fine
> downloading the source package from sid and building it locally.  If
> there are any dependencies, "apt-get -t unstable build-dep everybuddy"
> should let you know about and get around them.

I'm trying this, but it still barfs at me, now complaining it can't
find the libtool bits it wants.

	In file included from main.c:55:
	plugin.h:25: ltdl.h: No such file or directory
	make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1

However; if I do:
	 find /usr -name ltdl.h
-I get this:
	/usr/share/libtool/libltdl/ltdl.h
-which is a bit annoying, to say the least.  If I could figure out
where it's looking for it; I could cheat and temporarily put in a
symlink, but that's a bit gross.  I've looked at the resulting
Makefile, but I'm just a bit confused by what I'm seeing.  Since I've
got that habit of compiling as an unpriv'd user, and then installing as
root, if I'm comfortable with the results of the compile, is this a
potential source of problems?

I suppose I'll be learning how to build a deb package by the end of the
adventure :)

Thanks in advance,
Mike Pfleger
pfleger@pfleger-precision.com