Re: help compiling everybuddy-0.4.3 on Woody

* Mike Pfleger (pfleger@pfleger-precision.com) [020928 08:48]:
> I did the search for the files sought by configure, and found them, but
> not where it expected them.  My attempts to convince it to look in the
> correct place (/usr/bin) have so far failed.

I take it you mean gtk-config and glib-config, yes?  Are they not in
$PATH?  Does configure not just look in $PATH?  It should find them
there, and the -config executables should generate the proper -I and -L
flags for compiling and linking.

I think so far I probably haven't told you anything you don't already
know.  How about as an idea of how to proceed, try giving options to
configure, something like "./configure --with-gtk-prefix=/usr/lib"
(that's just OTTOMH; look at configure to see what option it might like
instead.)

What did you try setting GTK_CONFIG to?

If it's still just not working, how about downloading the debian package
source (apt-get source everybuddy) and looking at how it's done there?

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/