Re: sendmail half-works (more data)

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 03:34:14PM -0400, Richard A Nelson wrote:
| On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, dman wrote:

| > However, could you send me a detailed description of your sendmail
| > system?  Things like 'ls -l' on all sendmail files and spools, etc.
| > That way I can compare it to this system and see what went wrong.  At
| > least I could (maybe) manually correct it and/or submit a bug report
| > to the linuxconf people.
|
| you might be able to get by with running
| 	/usr/share/sendmail/update_sendmail
| it (and the toys it calls) will reset almost all priviledges.
|
| If that doesn't work for you, send me a note & we'll get 'er going.

I haven't tried that yet since I don't know all the configuration
details.  The other admin knows that, and takes care of linuxconf and
sendmail.  I'm the one who knows debian, which is (partly) why I'm
involved :-).  Since most (all?) of the users will be using an
ssh-tunneled mua or pine (which also pretends to handle smtp) the fact
that local sending is broken isn't a show stopper.

If we decide to try and fix this I'll let you know how it turns out.

-D

--

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you
rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and