Re: how to get debconf or whoever to leave my ntp.conf alone

Jeffrey, don't take it as a personal attack, but...

Take a clean design: everything is a file, one tool does
one thing only, every tool has a clear and concise manual
page, etc.

Let nice and well-meaning people embrace and extend it for
about 25 years, and you end up with

> Perhaps you need to install some packages.  Maybe debconf or
> something.  I actually have no idea, but there are many packages
> dealing with this sort of thing.

QED.

Dima (or do I need to spell out what's wrong with this picture?)
--
I'm going to exit now since you don't want me to replace the printcap. If you
change your mind later, run                        -- magicfilter config script