Re: SANE: only root has access to scanner

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 19:41, Coen De Roover wrote:

> Well, I thought that writing might be necessary to send the commands to
> the scanner, but adding the write permission didn't help ..

I thought that changing the write permissions didn't help because
sane-find-scanner didn't report the scanner when I was logged in as a
normal user.
I found out that sane-find-scanner wasn't very happy with the change in
permissions on the device: it no longer reported the scanner to the root
either ..
However, I rebooted and now the scanner works fine for root and normal
users. (unfortunately I only realized after the reboot that I was
burning a cdr at the time :))

Thanks everybody !